Last Updated on by Mitch Rezman
I wouldn’t. Unlike parakeets which can be tamed, most finches stay pretty wild and will always be somewhat skittish. If you let him out of the cage, he would be at risk of injury or trauma. I believe the best ways to care for a finch are:
- make sure he has other finch friends to play with;
- keep them in the largest cage you can afford—if possible, an aviary—to fly about and exercise;
- keep the cage, food, and water cups clean;
- feed good quality food with fruits and veggies;
- make sure they have sunshine during the day and dark and quiet at night.
Finches are sweet, happy, busy little birds. Keep them safe, and they will bring you lots of joy.
Finches can be tamed like any other pet bird
- Bird BehaviorMarch 1, 2024What’s Your Bird Saying ~ Do You Speak Bird?
- Bird & Parrot CareFebruary 29, 2024Unraveling the Mysteries of Avian Neophobia: A Tale of Feathers and Fears
- Biting BirdsFebruary 28, 2024When is Pet Bird Biting Tolerated?
- Feeding Exotic BirdsFebruary 23, 2024From the Tiniest Budgie to the Grandest Macaw We Got You Covered