Last Updated on by Mitch Rezman
Cora Q. is concerned about,
My Green Cheek conure is having a problem molting.
His feathers are not replacing fully.
Lots of downy feathers.
Not replacing color.
It has been almost two months.
One of two things may be happening.
- Your bird is seriously ill with a disease that affects the feathers among other health issues.
- Your bird is actually plucking out the baby (pin) feathers as they emerge from the body before they develop into visible feathers.
I recommend you take your bird to your avian vet for an examination to rule out serious illness.
Meanwhile, it would be a good idea to supplement your bird’s diet with vitamins that enhance feather growth like Nekton Bio Protein for Parrot Feather Growth 35 g (1.23 oz)
- Bird BehaviorFebruary 16, 2024The Freedom to Soar: A Closer Look at Keeping Pet Birds Flighted
- Bathing and HealthFebruary 16, 2024How My Vet Fixed My Cockatiels Scissor Beak
- Bird BehaviorFebruary 9, 2024What Are the 10 Best Ways for Pet Bird Mental Stimulation?
- Bird EnviornmentsFebruary 8, 2024What Are the Benefits of Owning a Pet Bird?