Last Updated on by Catherine Tobsing
Customers return products for many reasons: a customer may change his or her mind, not like the product, or have difficulty operating it. Whether it is returned a month later or only the very next day, such an item must be identified as refurbished or reconditioned to be resold.
- As the name implies, this refers to a product that someone bought but merely “opened the box”, and does not show any signs of wear and tear.
- This refers to products that the customer opened and may have briefly used, and as a result, the product may show a small amount of wear and tear.
How are products refurbished or reconditioned?
- Every product targeted for refurbishing or reconditioning must pass a thorough examination.
- After repairing any defect and sanitizing when necessary, the product is repackaged either by the original manufacturer or a reputable professional outside firm may perform the refurbishing, or reconditioning, returning the products to like-new or almost new condition.
How do I identify Refurbished or Reconditioned products?
- We note these products on our site with an icon and the words Refurbished or Reconditioned.
- When you see the Refurbished or Reconditioned icon, you know you’re in for a great deal on a fantastic product!
Refurbished, Reconditioned, or Factory-Serviced, what’s the difference?
- You’ve looked around and perhaps seen the terms “Refurbished,” “Reconditioned” or “Factory-serviced.” Various retailers use slightly different terminology.
- Any item listed on our site as Refurbished or Reconditioned meets the same standards listed above and the work is either performed by the original manufacturer or by professionals trained to perform these services.
Will “Refurbished” or “Reconditioned” products come in different packaging?
- By law, product packaging must state if an item is refurbished or reconditioned, consequently, some items will arrive in a regular retail box with a sticker indicating that the item is refurbished, reconditioned, or factory-serviced, or may come repackaged in a plain brown or white box.
- Enclosed manuals may refer to accessories (camera cases, straps, for example) that are not included with the refurbished or reconditioned product.
- Be sure to read over the product information page on our site for a list of accessories included with refurbished or reconditioned products.
What makes a “Refurbished” or “Reconditioned” item such an excellent purchase?
- Refurbished or reconditioned products maintain high quality standards.
- Each item is checked at least twice for proper working condition and quality. In fact, refurbished or reconditioned goods have a very low rate of return.
- The price you pay for a refurbished or reconditioned item is much lower than retail price.
- Please see the listing for Warranty Information pertaining to the item.